February 1, 2019
Collect: The International Art Fair for Modern Craft and Design is about to celebrate 15 years in London (28th Feb-3rd March). This year, they have a strong Scottish contingent with installations from Angus Ross, Vicky Higginson and James Rigler, to name but a few.
Over the last fifteen years, Collect has played a pivotal role in bringing thought-provoking and exquisite craft-led works to the international stage.
The fair is a unique global emporium, providing a window to the some of the most exciting established and emerging talent in the industry. Additionally, there are opportunities to buy and commission contemporary work by living artists. International galleries exhibiting at Collect for the first time next month include:
- Leading NYC-based galleries Hostler Burrows and Todd Merrill
- A collective from China: artists reinterpreting Asian lacquer traditions in breakthrough ways
- Glass artists from the Czech Republic
- A strong Scandinavian contingency.
- Collect is the only gallery-presented art fair dedicated to modern craft and design. 45 galleries from three continents attend, representing 400 artists.
- The Fair also includes Collect Open – the top floor of the Saatchi Gallery will shine a light on 15 individual makers, selected by an expert panel. It represents a platform to present exceptional and conceptual new works and installations on a larger scale.
- Works released at the Fair are by living artists – and the majority of these pieces are created especially for Collect 2019.
- Leading institutions such as the V&A Museum make acquisitions at Collect each year and February will witness breakthrough experimentation in materials and process – from mixed materials (lacquer, linoleum, salt, resin, styrofoam + glass, wood, ceramics, textiles and metals) to furniture crafted using robotic hands.
Tickets available here: Collect